Friday, December 4, 2009

Divorce Help for Women

When I got divorced I got screwed by my lawyer and by my ex. I vowed then that I would never let this happen to another woman again.

Just the other day I was talking to a client in my office when she was getting her Massage,(I never talk during a session but she wanted to chat) and she started to tell me of how her husband and she are separated and how he cut her off of all the money by changing the bank accounts without her knowing. She has to beg him for money leaving her with no way to retain a lawyer. Its been a year since the separation and she is still begging him for money after he cheated and moved out on her.

I asked her what bank they deal with and when I heard I remembered my ex used the same bank. He is the "Primary" name on the account and she is the secondary, Therefore, He has ALL the control over the account and took everything. We think that because its joint that both parties have rights but that is not true. Also the attorney she wants needs $10,000 to retain so she was waiting till she had the money. WRONG!

Ladies if you separate go directly to a lawyer. Talk to them and get advice. You never should put all your trust blindly in your spouse for many reasons. 1) He (or she) may die or have an accident, and you have no way of helping yourself with no access to the money you've both earned. 2)If you separate or divorce, you need to know where everything is. Otherwise you will have to hire a Forensic Accountant to find the assets. They cost a lot of money but are well worth it if you need them. 3) You are a unit. You are one of the unit so you must know ALL the details of your assets. 4) Your name must be on EVERYTHING! If he has it, you have your name on it.

Most things are "transfer on death" (TOD) and you will need access to everything should there be a problem. Ask questions, go on line, and talk to a professional. If you need counseling, Call me at (908) 692-2257 and I can help. You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment